Volunteering for 2014 Kinfolk Celebration
Thanks to all the volunteers who helped make the 2014 Kinfolk Celebration such an inspiring success!
|Planet Bluegrass Beer booth|
Part of what makes all of our festivals magical are the folks that volunteer to help us out. Each volunteer contributes their time and energy during the festival in exchange for a 2-day festival pass.
Remember, volunteers represent Planet Bluegrass to thousands of Festivarians. If the thought of remaining sober during your shifts bums you out, volunteering is not for you. If greeting and helping Festivarians does seem like something you want to do, then volunteering is for you. We want friendly, fun-loving Festivarians only, thank you!
2014 Volunteering Specifics
Please read the volunteer guidelines thoroughly and fill out the application in its entirety. Please note: Volunteers are placed on a first-come, first-served basis, the only exception will be for preference of previous recommended Planet Bluegrass volunteers.
Only volunteers who can commit to both days of the festival will be considered. You will be assigned two, 3.5-4 hour shifts, that may include a morning, afternoon, and night shift, in exchange for a 2-day pass. There are a few positions on the Thursday before Kinfolk.
The following must be included with your application to be considered for a volunteer:
- Complete the online volunteer application. Only applications that are completed in its entirety will be considered. After thoroughly reading through all of the information on this page, follow the link at the bottom of the page to proceed to the online volunteer application.
- Provide a credit card (specified in the secure online volunteer application) to hold for a deposit as well as for the $12 application fee.
- The application fee of $12 is a non-refundable processing fee and will be charged if you are accepted as a volunteer.
- Credit card numbers will be held to insure that all volunteers fulfill their volunteer obligations. The cancellation deadline for Kinfolk is August 18th, 2014. If you cancel before August 18th, there will be no charges to your card (aside from the non-refundable processing fee).
- If you cancel after August 18th but before September 8th, you will incur a late cancellation fee of $50.
- If you cancel after September 8th or do not fulfill your volunteer obligations, you will incur the full cancellation charge of $105.
- If you have already purchased a 2-day pass or a 2-day pass with On-Site Camping:
◦ If you complete your shifts satisfactorily we will refund you appropriately (by credit card).
◦ If you purchased a 2-day pass with On-Site Camping, we will only refund the 2-day pass portion of the ticket.
◦ You will be required to turn in your ticket at the festival when you check in at the box office, in order to receive your volunteer wristband.
|2012 Kinfolk Celebrants
(photo Dorothy St. Claire)
What Happens Next?
Once you submit your application, you will automatically receive an email letting you know we received your application. It does not mean you have been accepted. All positions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, the only exception will be a preference of previous recommended Planet Bluegrass volunteers. If you are accepted as a volunteer you will receive 3 emails by early September.
- An acceptance email
- Your location and schedule (schedules are usually sent approximately 3 weeks prior to the festival)
- A final reminder email
If you have not heard from us by early September and you are still interested in volunteering, there may be last-minute positions. If at any time prior to your acceptance you decide you are unable to volunteer, please let us know by email and we will cancel your application and delete your credit card information thus avoiding the non-refundable $12 volunteer application fee.
Reminder for all Festivals
Thank you for your interest and willingness to participate at our festivals. As a reminder, camping is not included. Check our website for camping information. Please direct all volunteer questions to our volunteer coordinator: email@example.com, 303-823-0848 x106.
- How does volunteering work?
- You will be required to work two 3.5-4 hour shifts in exchange for a 2-day pass.
- What if I already bought a ticket?
- If you bought a ticket, you need to turn it in when you check in at the Special Will Call line of the festival box office. After you have fulfilled your volunteer obligation we’ll refund the purchase price of a 2-day festival pass.
- Is camping included?
- Camping is NOT included, but we will have several camping areas available. You can purchase tickets over the phone or via our website as long as camping is still available.
- What if I need to cancel?
- You can cancel up until August 18, and we’ll delete your credit card information. After August 18 and before September 8th, the cancellation fee is $50. After September 8th, you will be charged the $105 deposit.
- Can my children accompany me while I'm volunteering?
- We need your full attention during your scheduled volunteer shifts. So no, children may not accompany you during your volunteer shifts. They are welcome at the festival and in the campgrounds.
- What if I must see my favorite band?
- We’ll make a valiant effort to schedule you around your favorite band, but we can’t guarantee it. Please note on your application the one band that you can’t miss (if there is one).
- What if I must work with my friend?
- There is a section on the application where you can put the person(s) name. Please submit applications within the same week. If you submit them too far apart the times may be filled.
|2012 Kinfolk scene
(photo Dorothy St. Claire)
- Box Office
- If assigned to the box office, you will meet and greet Festivarians, exchange tickets for wristbands, sell festival tickets, help direct Festivarians, and answer questions. We are looking for organized and friendly folks who are willing to help out in a fast-paced environment.
- If working at customs, you’ll greet Festivarians, check that Festivarians are adorned with the proper wristband, and gently check backpacks for glass & alcohol. This is the main entrance to the festival and sets the tone of friendly Festivarianism. This position is for people who can work quickly with a smile.
- VIP Parking
- Parking duties include greeting Festivarians, checking to make sure that folks have the proper credentials including parking passes and wristbands, directing vehicles, maintaining proper traffic flow, and assuring that folks park properly. We are looking for people that pay attention to detail, can help confidently direct traffic and can work in the elements of sun, rain, wind and dust.
- West Gate Festival Entrance
- Duties include checking for appropriate Festivarian wristbands, educating campers on rules and regulations, and gently check backpacks for glass & alcohol. This is one of the entrances to the festival and sets the tone of friendly Festivarianism. This position is for people who can work quickly with a smile.
- Libation Station
- Duties include pouring coffee and beer while having a BLAST! You must be 21 years of age to volunteer for this position. We are looking for folks that are outgoing and willing to have fun with every Festivarian. Smiling and laughing are highly encouraged while an ability to work quickly and with money is a must. There are many return volunteers for this position, so it fills up quickly.
- Meadow Park Camp Gate
- Camp gate objectives are to greet Festivarians, exchange camping tickets for wristbands, check wristbands, educate campers on all rules and regulations, and have fun!
- Front Gate
- Greet Festivarians with a kind word, direct traffic, check tickets, vehicle stickers, wristbands, and direct Festivarians to the Box Office if necessary.