2016 NightGrass Lottery Rules
|Leftover Salmon at the Palm
(photo Benko Photographics)
The online lottery for all 2016 NightGrass shows (including the Palm Theatre and Telluride Conference Center) is now closed. Any tickets that remain after this lottery has been processed will be sold beginning May 5.
Because of the high demand for the NightGrass shows, Planet Bluegrass will be again selling tickets to these shows using an online lottery system. Our goal is to make this system as fair and convenient as possible for all Festivarians, while reducing incidents of scalping and other ticket resales.
Any tickets that remain after this lottery has been processed will be sold beginning at 9am MDT on Thursday, May 5 at 800-624-2422 or online at shop.bluegrass.com. Lottery entrants will be notified of the status of their entry by Wednesday, May 4. Note that in 2015, all NightGrass tickets sold-out via the online lottery.
If you have further NightGrass questions, feel free to contact us – 800-624-2422 or email@example.com.
- The lottery may only be entered using our secure online form. Sorry, the 2016 lottery is now closed.
- We will only accept lottery entries from Tuesday, April 26 at 12:01am MDT thru Wednesday, April 27 at 11:59pm MDT. You may enter at any time while the lottery is open. No entries will be accepted before or after this time period. The time/date of your entry is irrelevant since we process lottery entries in a random order.
- You may request up to two (2) tickets for shows at the Sheridan Opera House and Swede-Finn Hall, and up to four (4) tickets for shows at the Palm Theatre and Telluride Conference Center. You may request a different number of tickets (or no tickets) for each individual show.
- For each of the 5 nights, you can select a 1st choice show (or none), and an optional 2nd and 3rd choice.
- You may elect to have all your tickets either mailed to you (paper tickets mailed via USPS) or held at will-call at the venue(s).
- You may only enter one (1) lottery form per person; one (1) lottery form per credit card; and up to 2 (two) entries per billing address. If you violate these rules, all of your entries will be disqualified.
- You must pay for your tickets with a credit card. Sorry, no checks will be accepted for this lottery.
- If your your credit card payment is rejected, your order will be immediately disqualified.
- To avoid this transaction being falsely rejected by your credit card company, we recommend you alert your credit card provider that you may be receiving a large charge from Planet Bluegrass in Lyons, CO the week of April 28.
- There are no service fees for entering the lottery. You will only be charged for tickets you were able to successfully purchase. (As always, Planet Bluegrass charges no service fees on any tickets; the ticket price listed is the final price you pay.)
Lottery Terms & Conditions
To enter this NightGrass ticket lottery, you must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I agree that I will not sell any NightGrass tickets for more than face value. I understand that if I violate this agreement Planet Bluegrass reserves the right to invalidate any and all tickets held under my name.
- I understand that all tickets purchased through this ticket lottery are non-refundable.
- I understand that if I selected "Mail" as my ticket delivery option, I will be notified when my tickets have been shipped and my paper tickets will be sent in a plain white windowed envelope from Lyons, CO. Tickets not received within 3 weeks of shipment notification must be reported to the Planet Bluegrass office.
- I understand that tickets not received (and not reported to the Planet Bluegrass office within 3 weeks of the shipment notification) as well as any tickets received and subsequently lost, WILL NOT BE REPLACED.
- I understand that under absolutely no circumstance will NightGrass tickets be mailed after May 20; instead eligible tickets will be switched to Will-Call and be available for pick up at the venue the night of the show.
What happens next?
|Sheridan Opera House
(photo Benko Photographics)
On Thursday, April 28, we will begin processing lottery entries.
We process each of the 5 NightGrass days (June 15-19) separately. For each day, we'll draw the first random entry and attempt to fill their 1st choice (if any). If we can fill their 1st choice we'll move on to the next person's entry. Or if their 1st choice was sold-out, we'll attempt to fill their 2nd or 3rd choice. When all shows are sold-out for that day, we begin processing the next of the 5 NightGrass days.
We re-randomize all entries before processing each day. So your chances of receiving tickets for any specific day are not affected by your requests/winnings for other days.
Your credit card will only be charged for the tickets we are able to sell you. If you are not selected to purchase any tickets in the lottery, you will not be charged and your credit card information will be discarded.
We will notify you by Wednesday, May 4 (at the very latest) via email whether we were able to fill any of your ticket requests. Please keep an eye on your email's junk/spam folders.
Due to exploding NightGrass demand, in 2014 we began selling all NightGrass tickets via a single NightGrass lottery. This was not a decision we took lightly. But with the Conference Center show selling-out in under an hour and historic demand for all Telluride Bluegrass-related tickets, we made this change to a single lottery.
|Trout Steak Revival at the Swede-Finn
(photo Benko Photographics)
The feedback from the 2014 and 2015 lotteries have been extremely positive. In addition to simplifying the ordering process and relieving the stress of a potentially hectic on-sale morning, this change also allowed us to more evenly distribute tickets among eager Festivarians (by limiting winnings to 1 show per night per order). As well, we were able to further catch scalpers who attempted to violate the policy of 1 order per credit card and 2 orders per billing address.
For 2016 we will again limit the length of the lottery to 2 days, hoping to reward the more dedicated Festivarians who don't need an extra day to remember to complete the lottery form. We've also removed personal checks as a payment option, allowing us to better monitor for scalpers and lottery-abusers.
We continue to welcome your feedback and questions. Give us a call - 800-624-2422 - or email firstname.lastname@example.org.