Tickets for the 2020 festival are on sale now!
The lazy days of the late Colorado summer lend themselves beautifully to camping.
Enjoy a late night of song circles with new friends, then sleep in only to be awakened by a song or kids playing in the river. The relaxed, friendly energy of the Folks Festival carries over into the campgrounds where neighbors become lifelong friends.
CAMPING CHANGES FOR 2019
- One day lineup for on-site campground. Due to ongoing Bohn Park construction and restrictions on the new PB Farm property, the vehicle lineup lottery will be held on Thursday (the same day the on-site campground opens). On-site campers may NOT begin lining-up prior to 9am on Thursday.
- LaVern Johnson (Meadow) Park opens on Thursday. Due to our lease agreements with the Town of Lyons, Planet Bluegrass management of this campground for Folks Fest will not begin until Thursday. Campers who plan to arrive before Thursday may purchase daily camping from the Town of Lyons. View the LaVern Johnson (Meadow) Park lineup policy.
Includes 3-day Pass
Location: On the Planet Bluegrass Ranch - fields on both the north (tents only) and south sides (tents and vehicles) of the Festival grounds
Opens: 6pm on Thursday, August 6, 2020 (Please note: Prior to opening the gates, campers and vehicles may line up at the Planet Bluegrass Farm.)
Closes: Noon on Monday, August 10, 2020
Facilities: Potable water, bathhouse, showers & porta potties
Vibe: Saunter back and forth from the Festival to the campground throughout the day. With easy access to the Planet Bluegrass bathhouse and showers, lots of shady trees, the St. Vrain River never more than a few feet away, legendary song circles and jams, and the ability to hear the festival from most campsites, on-site camping has become an extremely popular (and coveted) ticket.
Price: $245 (includes festival pass)
- Vehicles: $130
If you need to camp next to your vehicle, a very limited number of vehicles passes will be sold for the south part of the on-site campground. Vehicles must be less than 21’ in length. (If you do not need your vehicle at your campsite, general festival parking is available nearby for a nominal fee.)
Available at the Planet Bluegrass Farm, across the street.
- Camping pass holders MUST camp in the campground in which their pass was issued.
LaVern Johnson (Meadow) Park Campground
Requires Single-Day or 3-Day Festival Pass
Location: 2 blocks from the festival grounds, along the North St. Vrain River
Opens: Thursday, August 6, 2020, opening time TBD (Please note: Prior to this date, campers may purchase daily camping from the Town of Lyons.)
Closes: Noon on Monday, August 10, 2020
Facilities: Potable water, permanent bathrooms, coin-operated showers & porta potties
Vibe: Located just down river from Planet Bluegrass (an easy 5-minute walk), LaVern Johnson Park (formerly known as “Meadow Park”) is a beautiful park under towering rock cliffs, owned and maintained by the Town of Lyons. Camping is available under shady trees next to the river, as well as open camping in the field. This campground also features several playground areas, showers (additional fee), and river access (with a whitewater course) along the perimeter of the park.
- Vehicles: $80
If you need to camp near your vehicle, a limited number of passes for vehicles under 18’ are available for LaVern Johnson (Meadow) Park. (If you do not need your vehicle at your campsite, general festival parking is available nearby for a nominal fee.)
General festival parking is available at Planet Bluegrass Farm for a nominal fee.
- RV Passes:
A very limited number of RV passes with full hook-ups will be available.
- An area of this campground will be designated as “family camping” which observes specified quiet hours from midnight-7am.
- CAMPING IS SOLD PER PERSON AND PER VEHICLE, NOT PER SITE. If there are two of you and you want to have your vehicle or RV at the campground with you, you must purchase two camping passes and one vehicle or RV pass in addition to your Festival passes.
- A vehicle is considered anything requiring a license plate, e.g. a camper, trailer, tow vehicle, etc. If you intend to have both your camper-trailer and tow vehicle in the campground, then you must have 2 vehicle passes.
- If you don’t need your vehicle in the campground - for sleeping or for storage - you don’t need a campground vehicle pass. Most Festivarians don’t purchase a vehicle pass. You can temporarily drive in to the campground to unload your gear, then purchase parking (approx $5 for the entire festival) at Planet Bluegrass Farm - a very short walk from the festival grounds. Check out the Festival map for a general layout of Lyons and our campgrounds.
- Some changes to the vehicle pass arrangements in LaVern Johnson (Meadow) Park: The town of Lyons is in the middle of a restoration project, so vehicles are not allowed by the river in LaVern Johnson (Meadow) Park. No need to worry - we have space for all vehicle passes, it just won’t be by the river.
- Showers are available at the Festival in the Planet Bluegrass Bathhouse.
- Fires are not allowed in any campgrounds.
- All campgrounds close at noon on the Monday after the festival.
- Folks Festival Shuttle Bus Hours:
- Thursday: 6pm - 11pm
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday: 7am - 12am
- Monday: 7am - 11am