Planet Bluegrass welcomes all Festivarians. Our goal is to create a friendly, accepting atmosphere with access for everyone.
- In accordance with the ADA, accommodations are made for Festivarians with disabilities.
- It is NOT acceptable to fake/exaggerate an injury or disability to gain access to accommodations that are designed for customers who truly need them.
- Please be respectful of our policy since we have limited resources to help our customers who need assistance.
- We encourage Festivarians with mobility disabilities to use personal forms of transportation including wheelchairs and scooters.
- There will not be rentals/loaners available on-site.
- Our festival grounds consist of large gravel, hard-packed dirt, and grass. Most of the terrain is flat, however, the gravel can be difficult to navigate and mud/puddles can form on paths.
- Accessible parking is available for Festivarians with valid Disabled Person Parking permit, placard, or plates with proof that it belongs to them.
- Present permit, placard, or plates to staff at the front gate of the main Festival grounds at 500 W. Main St., Lyons 80540.
- Proceed into the venue where staff will direct you to park next to the Festival grounds.
It is ILLEGAL to fraudulently use credentials to gain access to Accessible Parking. The person who was issued the credentials MUST be in the vehicle.
- We reserve an area for Festivarians with disabilities in front of our sound booth.
- Chairs are not provided.
- One companion may accompany the eligible customer.
- This area is most appropriate for anyone who is in a wheelchair since this area provides a better view of the stage and remains accessible throughout the event.
- Camping/vehicle/RV passes must be purchased online using the button below (if and when tickets are available).
- To use preferred camping in any of our campgrounds, Festivarians MUST have ALREADY purchased the appropriate festival, camping, and vehicle (if applicable) passes specific to the campground.
- Preferred camping spots are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please fill out our form at least two weeks before the event if you will require a preferred camping spot.
- To qualify for preferred camping, Festivarians must have a valid Disabled Person Parking permit, placard, plate, or documentation, and the person for whom it is issued must be present.
- Due to limited resources, electricity cannot be reliably provided at any of our campgrounds.
- Our On-site Campground is the closest and best option for accessibility but also in high demand.
- Vehicles/RVs cannot be moved in and out of the campground once a campsite is established.
- Legitimate service animals who are properly trained are permitted at the Festival.
- Each service animal must remain with its owner and be restrained.
- Emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy animals are NOT service animals as defined by the ADA Guidelines, and therefore are NOT allowed.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed.
- Owners are responsible and liable for any damage/injury caused by the animal.
- Please clean up after your service animal!
First aid staff are available onsite in our Medical Tent. Look for a white flag with a red cross near the west gate of the Festival grounds.
Early Access is only permitted for Festivarians who have a valid FESTIVAL wristband AND an Early Access wristband. One companion wristband will be issued per disabled patron. (BOTH customers need to have already purchased festival tickets.) For more information on how to obtain a wristband, please continue reading below.
- Festivarians who require special accommodations due to a disability or injury may obtain early access to the field to claim a spot. Please read through this entire policy.
- Both the Festivarian requiring accommodation and their companion MUST have an Early Access Wristband to take advantage of this policy.
- Festivarians requiring special accommodations due to a disability or injury may begin lining up at the West Gate 30 minutes prior to the opening of gates each day of the Festival.
- Each Festivarian requiring special accommodations due to a disability or injury may be joined by ONE other person to carry a tarp and assist them.
- The line will be allowed into the festival grounds 10 minutes prior to the opening of gates.
- Space claimed is limited to a single 10’x10’ area.
- A wheelchair accessible portable toilet will be available for use behind the Medical Tent as an alternative to navigating to the main bathhouse.
Early Access Wristbands
- If you will need a wristband for Early Access, please go to the Special Will Call line at the Box Office. You MUST already have a valid Festival wristband.
- You will receive your Early Access wristband. If you have a companion who will be helping you, please bring them with you to the Box Office.
- This wristband, along with a valid Festival wristband, will be REQUIRED for both our patron and their companion to use our Early Access Policy.