2019 Festival Ticket Info
2019 RockyGrass tickets are on sale now at shop.bluegrass.com or 800-624-2422. Camping passes for the RockyGrass On-Site campground sold-out via an online lottery open November 19-28.
As always, the price listed here is the final price you pay — we charge no handling fees of any kind. Once you have your tickets, connect with your fellow RockyGrass Festivarians.
Children 12 and under are free for festival and camping with a paying adult. Tickets are refundable according to our refund policy. Please note: Resale of RockyGrass tickets for more than face value is extremely un-Festivarian and strictly forbidden. Please be cautious and use common sense when purchasing tickets from a 3rd party that you don’t know — especially on craigslist.
With RockyGrass tickets selling-out earlier every year, we’ve made some ticketing changes in recent years to get tickets into the hands of as many Festivarians as possible and to discourage scalpers.
Again this year you will be limited to a maximum of 4 tickets of a given type (e.g. 3-day pass, Friday single-day) per customer. After enforcing several different ticket limits over the past few years, this limit of 4 tickets per order is intended to get tickets to as many Festivarians as possible, while limiting large purchases by scalpers.
Getting Your Tickets
All tickets for the 2019 RockyGrass Festival will be emailed (as PDF attachments containing a barcode) or held at will-call. These emailed barcode tickets need to be printed at home and scanned at the festival box office. By using barcode tickets, we aim to deter scalpers and avoid incidents of tickets lost in the mail. Of course, if you prefer not to use these email / barcode tickets, you can elect to have your tickets held at will-call. As always, there are no service fees for any Planet Bluegrass tickets.
Earlier Single-Day Ticket Onsale
We will again begin selling single-day tickets on the same day that 3-day passes go on sale (Tuesday, December 4). Prior to the last few years we had waited to begin selling single-day tickets until we could announce the complete single-day lineup –- typically sometime in late winter. But with 3-day passes selling-out well before this lineup announcement, delaying their onsale has created extreme demand for single-day tickets. Since most Festivarians tell us they purchase single-day tickets based on their personal schedule rather than the specific lineup, we will begin selling single-day tickets right away to allow single-day purchasers ample time to purchase for their chosen day.
One Price for 3-Day Passes
As the number of Festivarians lined-up to purchase tickets began to dramatically surpass the number of “holiday discount” tickets, this discount no longer made sense. What was originally intended to reward Festivarians who purchase tickets for the holidays, became a nominal reward for the lucky few and a major frustration for everyone else just trying to purchase tickets. So several years ago we removed that discount completely — instead investing this money in new webservers to better handle our initial ticketing demand.
- Show goes on rain or shine.
- General admission; no reserve seating available.
- Not responsible for loss, damages or personal injury.
- Acts/times subject to change.
- Multiple-day tickets must be used by one person and cannot be split into single-day tickets.
- All tickets must be exchanged for a wristband that must be worn on your wrist for admission to the event.
- Only the first copy of the barcode ticket scanned will be honored.
- Children 12 and under are free for the festival and camping when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Tickets are non-refundable after March 22, 2019; no exceptions.
- Refunds can only be issued to original purchaser.
- CAMPING IS SOLD PER PERSON AND PER VEHICLE, NOT PER SITE. If there are two of you and you want to have your vehicle or an RV at the campground with you, you must purchase two camping passes and one vehicle or RV pass in addition to your Festival passes.
- Camping vehicle passes are for the vehicle only and must be accompanied by camping tickets (which are sold per person, not per campsite).
- A vehicle is considered anything requiring a license plate and under 18 feet in length. Vehicles over 18 feet are considered to be an RV and will be more expensive.
- On-site vehicle tickets are valid for camping in the on-site campground only (not in VIP parking) and must be less than 21ft in length when fully extended.
- LaVern Johnson vehicle tickets are valid in LaVern Johnson only and must be less than 18ft when fully extended.
- LaVern Johnson RV tickets are valid in LaVern Johnson campground only and are valid for vehicles over 18ft in length.