As we know this can be stressful, below are detailed instructions to guide you through each step of the TBF on-sale process. With the limited capacity and high demand for tickets, we hope to give you as fair a chance as possible to successfully purchase tickets.
To make it even more fair, we are adding a $10 “Pre-Registration” requirement for the 2024 Festival.
In order to buy tickets once they go on sale on December 7th, you will need to be “pre-registered.” This pre-registration process will allow us to screen out known scalpers before they can buy tickets and get tickets to true Festivarians. Here is how you get yourself pre-registered:
- Go to www.shop.bluegrass.com anytime between 12:00p on Tuesday, November 14th and 11:59p on Tuesday, November 28th.
- Click “Get Tickets” on the “Telluride Bluegrass 2024 Pre-Registration” event. Note: this is not an actual event!
- Select one(1) $10 TBF Pre-Registration “ticket” from the dropdown and proceed through the entire purchase process. Note: this is not an actual ticket!
Going through this process and making the purchase allows us to collect some of your information; specifically email address, shipping address, and the last four digits of your credit card. Having this info will enable us to enforce a couple rules which are:
- You can only purchase one Pre-Registration per email address and credit card.
- You can only use two email addresses per shipping address.
Once the pre-registration window closes on 11/28, our partners at See Tickets will perform a scalper screening and disqualify the email addresses of known scalpers as well as the email addresses of those who broke either of the above rules. On or before 12/6, we will notify you via email letting you know whether or not your email address was accepted. Be sure to check your spam folder.
PLEASE NOTE: Being accepted in the pre-registration process does not guarantee you tickets to the Festival!
As for the $10 it costs to pre-register, one of three things will happen:
- If you are accepted and purchase tickets, your $10 will go towards offsetting the carbon footprint of the Festival.
- If you are accepted and don’t purchase tickets, your $10 will be refunded to the card you used to make the original purchase.
- If you are rejected for any reason, your $10 will not be refunded but go towards offsetting the Festival’s carbon footprint.
Why $10?: The idea of charging $10 to “pre-reg” is that it will discourage those who aren’t fully committed to attending the Festival as well as those who are too committed (aka scalpers) to acquiring tickets to re-sell. We hope that true Festivarians won’t mind contributing $10 to offset the carbon footprint of the Festival while acheiving these goals.
As usual, we will not be taking phone orders; all orders must be placed online. On the morning of Thursday December 7th, Planet Bluegrass will send all approved email addresses an email with the password to get into one of the actual TBF events. You will want to go to shop.bluegrass.com where you will see two separate events: TBF “Tickets” and “Camping & Contests.”
While both events are for the 2024 Telluride Bluegrass Festival, “Tickets” contains passes that include entry to the Festival. “Camping & Contests” contains camping passes at Lawson Hill, all Vehicle/RV passes, and contest entries.
Beginning as early as 9am MT on December 7th, you will want to click on either one of the events which will automatically enter you into the Queue-it virtual waiting room. Both events will have the same queue, and you will be able to easily navigate between the two events once you have entered one of them by scrolling down past all the ticket types in the current event.
Please note that these numbers are randomized, so you have the potential to secure spot #1 up until 9:59am MT. This randomization acts as a real-time lottery, however you will not be able to see your number in line until tickets go on sale.
Once sales start at 10am, the Queue-it system will start letting those randomly chosen for the front of the queue into the event (that they originally clicked on) to purchase tickets. Again, you will be able to easily navigate between the two events once you have entered one of them.
Once the Queue-it allows you into the event, that is when you will be prompted to enter the password that you received from Planet Bluegrass earlier that morning. You will then be able to purchase tickets as in the recent past. You will be allowed to buy 4 tickets per GA ticket type (4-Days & each Single Day) up to 16 total tickets per order. However, new for 2024, there is a four(4) ticket maximum for tickets that are bundled with camping (Town Park, Warner Field, and Mary E Ilium). That means that you can only purchase a combined four tickets between the Town Park, Warner Field, and Mary E tickets types. For example, you can purchase 4 Town Parks or 2 Town Parks and 2 Mary Es or 3 Warner Fields and 1 Mary E, etc. Any tickets purchased in excess of four from these three ticket types will be automatically refunded.
Keep in mind that having a ticket in your cart does not guarantee that you can check out with it. That only occurs once you get to the checkout page and the timer starts.
Please remember that camping passes are sold per person, not per site, and allow for tent camping only. If you want to have your vehicle in the campground, you will also need to purchase a vehicle pass (campground permitting). Kids 12 yrs old and younger are free for both the Festival and camping when accompanied by a ticketed adult. As with all of our tickets, all taxes and fees are included. The price you see is the amount you will pay at checkout.
You may notice that Will Call is now only available to international purchasers at the time of purchase. If you are a domestic purchaser and need your wristbands to be held at Will Call, simply let See Tickets customer service know any time before the wristbands are shipped in May 2024.
In the days following the December 7th on-sale, See Tickets will again screen all purchases for scalpers, orders that have not followed the above rules, and any email addresses that were not approved in the pre-registration process. Any orders/tickets that are refunded at that point will be put up for resale on a following Tuesday between 10am and 2pm mountain time. At this point, tickets will be available to the general public and there will be no password necessary for the Tuesday re-sale(s).
- We can only guarantee tickets purchased through our ticketing partner, See Tickets. The safest way to get there is to go to shop.bluegrass.com, which takes you to our approved ticket shop. If you intend to buy tickets when they go on sale on December 7th, you will need to be “pre-registered”. Please see “Ticket Purchasing 101” above for details.
- We DO NOT approve the resale of tickets and can’t guarantee any tickets purchased through a third party platform such as StubHub, Vivid Seats, Craigslist etc. We recommend avoiding Craigslist completely due to scamming in the past.
We have transitioned to a new digital queue system (Queue-it) to handle the lottery of tickets to make the process smoother and easier for our team. The new queue system offers the exact same randomization for tickets and is just as fair as the old system.
- It depends on which ticket you want! Due to space limitations within the Telluride area, some ticket types are extremely limited! For example:
- Lawson Hill RV: 15 Available per festival
- Town Park Vehicle: 35 Available per festival
- Mary E Vehicle: 140 Available per festival
- Town Park Camping: 1,000 available per festival
- Warner Field Camping: 400 available per festival
When you enter the online queue, you are assigned a random number with all the other people in the queue. You have the same chance of being #1 no matter what time you enter the queue. Once the tickets go on sale, you are let into the shopping cart in the order you were randomly assigned.
NOTE: You don’t know your position until the on-sale begins
To enter the online queue, simply click “get tickets” on the event of your choice at shop.bluegrass.com for the hour prior to the scheduled ticket on-sale time.
If tickets go on-sale at 10am, you can enter the queue from 9:01am to 9:59am.
- No, but you want to! If you try to purchase tickets after the queue is closed, you’ll be put in the back of the line, behind everyone who waited in the queue.
If tickets go on-sale at 10am, you’ll want to make sure you are in the queue a few minutes PRIOR to 10am. Again, getting in the queue at 9:01 gives you no preference over those who get in at 9:59.
Depending on your place in line, it could take a couple of hours! The line will move slowly at first until those lower volume tickets sell out. Throw on some bluegrass, sip some coffee, and relax!
Due to limitations within the system, we can’t have RFID(festival entry) and non-RFID(camping/vehicles) tickets sold within the same event page. Therefore, any non-RFID ticket types are sold separately in the “Camping and Contests” event page.
- The Regular Event page includes all festival access passes, including:
- 4-Day Passes (Thu-Sun)
- Single Day Passes (Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Town Park Camping Passes (Bundled with 4-Day)
- Warner Field Camping Passes (Bundled with 4-Day)
- Mary E. Ilium Camping Passes (Bundled with 4-Day)
- The Camping and Contests page includes:
- Lawson HIll Camping
- Town Park Vehicle Pass
- Mary E Vehicle Pass
- Lawson Hill RV Pass
- Band Contest Entry
- Troubadour Contest Entry
Yes! At the bottom of the available tickets for the event you initially selected, you will have the option to “add to order” tickets from the other event page. Just click the ADD button and the rest of the tickets that are available from the other event page will show up for you to add.
Nope! Both events share the same queue, and all tickets are available from both event pages.
- NEW for 2024: There is a four(4) ticket maximum for tickets that are bundled with camping (Town Park, Warner Field, and Mary E Ilium). That means that you can only purchase a combined four tickets between the Town Park, Warner Field, and Mary E tickets types. For example, you can purchase 4 Town Parks, or 2 Town Parks and 2 Mary Es, or 3 Warner Fields and 1 Mary E etc. Any tickets purchased in excess of four will be automatically refunded.
- You will be allowed to buy 4 tickets per GA ticket type (4-Days & each Single Day) up to 16 total tickets per order. You CAN’T purchase 16 4-Days, however, you CAN purchase four single-day tickets for each day.
- These numbers were selected with the goal of finding a middle ground so that families and groups could get the tickets they needed, while trying to spread the tickets out as much as possible.
We purposefully keep the event entry funnel extremely small at the beginning of the on-sale, only allowing a handful of people in every few minutes. Many of our highest demand tickets (Lawson Hill RV’s and Town Park Vehicles) have very small supply relative to demand. By keeping the funnel small, it gives purchasers time to initiate the checkout process with less risk that a faster computer or internet connection might buy the ticket “out from under them”.
After the small supply ticket types sell out, (usually about 30min) we open up the funnel to allow people in much faster. Please be patient!
No. The tickets you have added to your cart are NOT guaranteed until you initiate the checkout process and you see the timer start. Just because you’ve added your ticket to your cart does not mean you have it secured.
- This usually occurs when there are a small number of tickets of a certain type left. Remember, hundreds of people are trying to do the same thing as you at the same time! The system may show that 10 tickets are left and 20 people will put them into their carts at the same time, however, only the first 10 people who initiate the checkout process first will actually secure those tickets.
- Unfortunately, the system is unable to differentiate what ticket is no longer available in your order and the order can’t proceed. We recommend removing the tickets from your cart that had the lowest inventory or highest demand so they don’t prevent you from getting everything else, and then try to initiate checkout again.
Unfortunately not, all ticket orders must be done online.
- We will mail your wristbands to you! This way, you don’t have to stand in line at the box office or worry about your tickets in your inbox.
- International purchasers can still select Will Call and if your personal circumstances will prevent you from being able to receive your mailed wristbands, please call See Tickets before May to have them change your delivery method to Will Call.
While your actual entry order is completely random, there are a few things you can do to make sure that technical difficulties don’t create an undue setback!
- Get in the queue early!
- If you aren’t in the queue before 9:59am, you’ll be at the back of the line, and no one wants that!
- Getting in early also gives you the most time to make sure that you’re in the right place and everything is working.
- Make sure your screen “looks right” based on what time it is
- When you’re in the queue, you should see a greenish/blue screen that shows a countdown timer until the ticket on-sale time.
- After the on-sale begins, you should see a progress bar with a little person walking inside.
- If you don’t see the correct screen based on what time it is, give us a call and we will do our best to help!
- Stay calm and think before you hit “back”, “exit” or “refresh”
Hitting the back button and refreshing while you’re in the event buying
tickets is okay, but if you close your browser before completing the
transaction, you will lose your tickets.
- Have multiple browser options ready for troubleshooting
- Have a backup internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, etc) downloaded on your computer and somewhere you know how to find it.
- If you’re having issues accessing the event or queue, switching browsers can be the easiest way to solve it!
- Make sure your computer is plugged into power and you’re in a place with reliable internet
- This one should speak for itself!
- Have a backup plan!
- Town Park & Warner Field tickets will sell out quickly, as well as all vehicle and RV passes. If they aren’t available, what is your next best option? If 4-Day passes are gone, which single days might you want to buy?
- Pre-research all of the ticket and camping options so that you can quickly adapt if your first choice isn’t available. Remember - it’s all random and the Festivarian Family is bigger than ever!
- If you’re not sure - give us a call!
- We have a discussion forum at www.festivarian.com. You will need to register at the top right to create a profile. After you are logged in, scroll down on the home page until you see “The Shop” and directly beneath that “Telluride Ticket Exchange/Swap.” This is where people like you are buying and selling tickets and no scalping is allowed. More tickets will be posted for sale after the March 1st refund deadline. This is also where you will want to create any posts of your own.
- We resell our tickets that have been refunded on a random Tuesday in March, after the refund deadline of March 1st. Anytime between 10am and 2pm MT, tickets could appear in the See Tickets event page. Go to shop.bluegrass.com and click on the “Telluride Bluegrass Festival 2024- Tickets” event. It will take some dedication to check periodically each Tuesday after the refund deadline.
Best of luck!
Platforms like Stubhub and Vivid Seats will post tickets to sell for our events before they officially have purchased them to resell. We don’t offer or sell them any tickets to be re-sold. We NEVER recommend buying tickets from a third party seller and NEVER want anyone to pay above face value.
- We will never stop fighting this battle on your behalf! As of 2024, the Pre-Registration process allows See Tickets to screen for scalpers and other suspicious accounts before they are able to buy tickets.
- We allow ticket refunds for months after the on-sale and re-sell them at face value to reduce the need for people to buy tickets above face value from third parties.
- Additionally, the SeeTickets system is able to flag suspicious purchases (we have lists of scalpers, etc) and forcibly refund their tickets after the on-sale!
- Finally, any scalper or bot trying to buy a ticket has to get into the same random queue as all of you. Sometimes they will get lucky and snag tickets. The next best way to combat this is remove the demand - don’t buy tickets for above face value from third party sellers!
Nope! We have been working with SeeTickets to put all of our events on sale since 2020. There has been a learning curve, as with any change, but the system has worked, and continues to work as intended, providing the fairest opportunity for everyone to get tickets.
- If you call the Planet Bluegrass office, we can help you with navigating to the right pages and answering questions about ticket types. We can also celebrate with you over the phone if you get the tickets you wanted!
- However, we are not able to assist with technical issues such as losing your space in line due to a computer crash or hitting the “back button”. We are also unable to help with issues such as computers freezing or being unable to advance during the checkout process. Please refer to the above FAQs on how to best remedy these issues.